Washington County Free Clinic FAQs
What should I bring on my first visit?
- Proof of identity with current address
- Previous year tax return/W-2 or the past 3 months of pay stubs
- List of current medications
What should I expect before & during my first visit?
A nurse will call you prior to your scheduled appointment. You will be given general information about the clinic. A brief health history will be done at that time, as well.
When you arrive at the clinic, you will be asked to complete the necessary registration forms and appropriate signatures. Please provide the registration personnel with any financial documentation that you bring with you.
What if I need medications?
- If you need prescription medications, the practitioners at the Washington County Free Clinic will prescribe a generic medication. Most pharmacies have generic drug programs that offer a one month's supply for $4.00 and a three month's supply for $10.00.
- If you require a medication not on the generic list, many drug companies offer Prescription Assistance Programs for brand name drugs for those unable to pay for their medications free of charge for up to one year.
The following information must be provided at the time of your visit in order to complete an application:
- A copy of your most recent tax return
- A copy of your most recent W-2
- Pay-stubs for the most recent 3 months
- If you are unemployed and/or report a zero income, you will be required to sign a form stating this.
How can I cancel an appointment?
As a courtesy to the clinic staff & other patients, if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, please kindly give at least 24 hours notice so we can schedule other patients. Two missed appointments without the proper notification will result in dismissal from our clinic.
Thank you for your cooperation!
To cancel please call one of the following phone numbers:
- Clinic Manager: 740-376-0261 (leave a message)
- Appointment Line: 740-376-0261 (M-Fri from 9 am - 5 pm)
How do I get a follow-up appointment?
For follow-up appointments, you will be notified by phone of your next appointment date & time. Please make sure that you have provided the clinic with correct & up to date contact information.